Nikesh Thapaliya is a Chicago-based international social advocate from Nepal. He holds some world records related to the world and US geography. At the age of 24, Nikesh has been a teacher, paralegal, journalist, UN Volunteer, client relations specialist, community outreach officer, immigrant & refugee rights advocate, certified Nepali and Hindi interpreter.
Nikesh discovered memory abilities as he remembered birthdays of friends and families, exam scores of friends from school, film release dates, lyrics of many songs. He was one of the toppers at 10+2 in the Humanities faculty. Here are five things that you didn’t know about him.
1) First, he had two milk teeth when he was two months old.
2) Gene pride – Poet Laxmi Prasad Devkota was his father’s maternal first cousin uncle
(mama). Father (Late Shiva Kumar Thapaliya) quit government job at “Sadak Bibhag” to pursue dream business of restaurant in Thamel. Grandfather was a judicial officer
(Dittha) in Bajhang.
3) He was felicitated by Mayor of South Carolina and appeared in his talk show in a local tv station.
4) He shares Birthday (July 12) with some prominent figures he adores — Sundar Pichai
(Google CEO), Malala Yousafzai (Activist), James Rodriguez (Footballer) and Brock
5) Traveler — he has been to 37 states (from Alaska on top to Florida at the tip) in less than five years of US stay.