Property gutted

0
36

BIRATNAGAR — Property worth Rs 2.8 million was reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a private house at Chyangthapu of Yangwarak-1, Panchthar last night. The fire was caused due to short-circuit.

Local Dinanath Adhikari lost all his belongings and valuables including eight tola of gold (one tola is equivalent to 11.66 grammes), 50 tola silver, cash Rs 60 thousand, utensils, foodstuff and garments when the fire sparked from short-circuit caught his two-storey clay house with tin roof, according to the regional police office, Biratnagar.

The fire was put out with the help of police and locals. RSS